Other gun shops carry a huge inventory, so they logically want you to purchase what they have on hand. That’s why the cost of transfers on the Eastside is so OUT of hand!
Our approach is different. We carry a modest selection of popular items, focus on special orders to keep our overhead low, and we welcome your transfers!
The transfer process is simple!
- Find a gun online (Ex. www.slickguns.com or www.gunbroker.com)
- Purchase the gun, providing the seller with our FFL (Our FFL)
- Email us with your order details (seller info, buyer contact info, product info, purchase info) and tracking numbers.
- We will call and/or email you as soon as your firearm is ready for pickup (check-in may take 1 – 2 business days after parcel is received).
- Come in to our store, fill out the required forms, and pick up your gun.
Our prices are as follows:
$30 each for Pistol transfers (with CPL)
$35 each for Pistol transfers (without CPL)
$30 for Long gun transfers
$20 for each additional Long gun transfer up to 5 (the limit on ATF form 4473)
Per Washington State law we are required to collect Use Tax on the price of the firearm, to include shipping. Click HERE to see WA DOR’s FAQ on transfers and Use Tax.
Please let us know if you will not be able to come in for your transfer within 5 business days of being notified. Transfers that remain unclaimed for more than 5 shop business days may be returned to sender.
If you are purchasing or selling a gun to another individual as an I-594 compliant private-party sale, please click HERE for more information.
How to initiate a transfer:
Most of the popular internet gun stores (J&G Sales, AIM Surplus, Bud’s Gun Shop, Palmetto State Armory, Aero Precision and numerous others) have our FFL on file. When ordering specify 2nd Amendment Industries (area code 98007) for the transfer.
If the seller does not have our FFL information, download a copy of our FFL (Our FFL) and fax or email it to them per their process.
Please make sure you are eligible to receive a firearm in WA State before making your online purchase; if for any reason you are unable to receive the firearm, you will be charged for return shipping to the seller.
Once you have made your online purchase, send us an email letting us know of the incoming Transfer and any applicable tracking numbers. The more information we have the quicker we can process your transfer when it arrives.
When the firearm arrives we will check it into the store and give you a call. Check-in may take up to two business days after delivery confirmation. Pick-up times for Transfers are between 5:30 PM and 8:30 PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Before coming to the shop please ensure that you have received confirmation from us that your firearm has arrived and is ready. Also ensure that you bring a government issued photo ID (typically your driver’s license) that displays your current address. If you do not have ID with your current address you will need to bring a valid photo ID and a government issued document with your current address. Common examples are vehicle registration, Concealed Pistol License, Form W-2, local government utility bill, or state issued hunting licenses.
When you arrive to the shop to pick up your gun, the required Forms, Background Check and Waiting Periods will still need to be done; as if you were purchasing a new gun. This includes the ATF Form 4473, WA Pistol Transfer Application (if applicable), NICS background check, and a waiting period if you do not have a CPL when transferring a pistol, or if NICS delays your transfer.
By authorizing a shipment to us, you are explicitly agreeing to our shipping and handling process which includes, but is not limited to:
- Our arranged pickup process and schedule with various carriers
- The opening of packages to verify contents and disposal of excess shipping materials
- Opening of firearms cases and containers in order to read serial numbers
- Returning items to shippers requires either payment of shipping fees or a providing a pre-paid shipping label
- Guns which are abandoned will be assessed a storage fee of $100/month. When the storage fee exceeds fair market value or invoice cost (whichever is lower), the gun will become the property of 2A Industries.
If you have any questions around the process, please feel free to email us at sales@2Aindustries.com or give us a call at (425) 503-ARMS / 2767.